Thursday, February 3, 2011

Home Is Where the Heart Is

We woke up early this morning, ate a quick breakfast then hopped on the plane headed for Oklahoma! It was great to get a good night's sleep last night so I wouldn't be a total zombie when I saw my family today.  The flight was on time and we landed with no problems. I knew I'd be excited to see my family but I guess I didn't know how emotional it would be. 15 days is a long time to be away! The most I've ever been away from the girls before that was for about 4 or 5 days and I've never been away from Steve for more than 2 days. As soon as I saw them at the airport, the girls came running up to me with big hugs and welcome cards. Steve's parents were there, too. Everyone was teary-eyed and we were all so glad to be together again.

The girls were also excited because the Duggars were at the airport. I don't know how that family gets around with all those kids! I suppose they just learn to watch out for each other!


I spent the rest of the day unpacking, doing laundry, and spending time with my family. I gave the girls a little rag doll and a purse, both made from widows in Uganda. I had a hard time finding Steve a gift while there so he got a coffee cup with a Uganda flag and an "Africa" t-shirt.

While I did miss my family a ton, the trip was so well worth it and I'm so glad I got to go! It truly was the chance of a lifetime! I got to see everything first hand and now I will be blogging for Project Hope, so be sure to watch for upcoming posts - which reminds me, I better get busy! Stay tuned! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment