Monday, December 20, 2010

Uganda Trip - Day 1



Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2010 -

Today was another long day of traveling. After having a nine hour delay in Detroit, we then flew to Amsterdam where we had a four hour delay. I had plans of taking a shower there but I was so exhausted, I opted to sleep instead on their lounging chairs. We were all so tired - especially Derk and me. We hadn't slept a peep yet, so those few hours felt great. In fact, we slept so good, we almost didn't make it to our next flight! By the time we got to the gate to head to Uganda, the line was so long and the plane was supposed to take off in just minutes. I thought we missed our flight for sure. As I have come to find out, there is such a thing as "Uganda time" which is MUCH slower than the hectic lives we live in the States. For some reason, the airlines was running about 45 minutes behind schedule, which worked in our favor, so we actually made it just in time.

We finally made it to Uganda Monday night around 8:30 p.m. ALL of our luggage was waiting for us - PTL - and so were our hired drivers, Patrick and Mustafa. They drove us to a market to get some bottled water, then on to our hotel. The name of our hotel was the Entebbe Airport Guesthouse and it was beautiful - from what I could tell at night. It was clean and we each had our own room. It had a bed and that's all I needed because I was exhausted. Tomorrow, we'll make the 6 hour drive to Lira where we'll be staying the rest of our trip. Will write more later! Must get some rest now! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment