Friday, January 21, 2011

"Challenges"

Wednesday, Dec. 8 -

I'm not complaining here. This is just a little list I came up with of challenges on my trip. I've learned it's all just part of the experience and you have to roll with the punches!
;-)

* Brushing my teeth with bottled water

* 90 degree weather in December (actually, I think I could get used to this!)

* No internet service = driving me nuts!!!

* Sleeping with a mosquito net. There must be a trick to it because I keep getting all twisted in mine!

* There's only 1 plug in my hotel room that I can use at a time. So, I have to decide between using a fan to cool my room, charging my electronics or using my hair dryer ;-)

* Let's just say I REALLY miss food back home. I'm definitely going to have Ted's very soon after I get back!

* Wearing long skirts. I'm kind of a t-shirt and sweats kinda gal.

* Showering with a trickle of cold water

* It's December and I've only seen a few Christmas trees here but the ones I've seen have been decorated very "interestingly". Let's just say they really like garland hung in a vertical fashion here in Uganda ;-)

* It takes a very long time to get food when you order at a restaurant - sometimes even a few hours. I think it's because they don't have refrigeration & they actually have to go to market and get everything fresh.

* You never know if you're going to have electricity or not. I was told the entire district of Lira was recently without electricity for several months! Can't even imagine that back in the States!

* I can only flush my toilet about once an hour because it takes that long for it to fill up with water again for the next use ;-)

* Our hotel has a small outdoor bar right outside my room and they keep playing really bad really loud country music. I think they are trying to satisfy the American visitors ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment